Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lamp Makeover...

I bought these lamps a long while ago (before we moved) at the thrift store for $6 a piece! They deserved a little makeover.

BEFORE: AFTER:
Orange! I used Rust-oleum brand spray paint in the Satin Paprika color. LOVE!

I tried to match it to the orange accent pillow I was using on the bed. I think it's a pretty dang close match!Here's how the bedroom's looking. Still needs A LOT more work. I need to put up the headboard, but I'm doing a few changes on it. I also need to paint those night stands and get some new hardware on them. I also need some new sheets to cover up those pillows that are sticking out!! So much to do, but so much fun!!
I'm loving the brown, green and orange combo! It's not well shown in these photos, but when it comes together more, I'll get some better ones!!

9 comments:

Jess said...

uh....AWESOME!! love the makeover!

Kristy Rogers said...

I love that you are posting stuff on your blog still even though I'm sure you are WAY busy with decorating and such! Keep it up! You are awesome Nikki!

The Nest on the Hill said...

That lamp has such a great shape and looks incredible in your room!

Humble Housekeeping said...

Nice! I LOVE that color too much! I'm your newest follower!

Remodelaholic said...

We love this party link and I wanted to let you know that we are planning on featuring it. We hope that you get a bunch of new visitors.

www.remodelaholic.com

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I saw your feature on remodelaholic and stopped in my tracks, your lamps are almost identical to the brass beauties I just revamped in Rustoleum Universal Red! Too funny, yours look wonderful!

http://www.russetstreetreno.com/2010/08/hot-lamps.html

Sarah said...

These look so great! I LOVE the color. You are much gutsier than I am, I painted mine white. Now you've inspired me to grab up another and try something more bold. Here's a link to my lamp (maybe you saw it on Remodelaholic):
http://room2think.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/dont-pass-on-brass/

edeenut said...

I love the color combo too :) so much that that is what is going in my master bedroom. I've had the drapes up for almost a year now and need to get moving on the rest...
I really like your green bed spread and the texture it adds to the room. I need to find me one like that.

Amy Hadley said...

Drool!