Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finds for Gavin's room

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!! (If you live in the States, that it.) I spent most of my day shopping. Ah, the life.
I FINALLY found the Pottery Barn bedspread I was looking for to go in Gavin's room at an outlet mall. Problem is, it's a king size when I only need a twin! But I got it anyway for $99. So, I'm going to cut it down and finish off the edges with coordinating binding. I figured I could use the extras for a sham and some pillows. I also found a Pottery Barn sham on sale for $6 the matches and HAPPENED to have Gavin's name embroidered on it!! Woo hoo!! Although, it also has a big appliqued ship on it, which just isn't the route I want to go for the room, so I'll be picking that off, and adding a little something of my own. The results for both of those will (hopefully) be coming soon! I also had to share this awesome metal basket I found at a Home Goods store! $10. And it will go perfect in his room as well!


I bought some metal/rustic airplanes, tractors, car, etc. at Hobby Lobby to put in as well!! It's coming along nicely!! Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon!

2 comments:

Jess said...

love the basket! also cool that you found a pillowcase with his name on it! what are the odds?

The Thompson's said...

Ooh, that is a really pretty blue! Two bad there's not enough for two. You should make crib quilts/shams with the rest and sell them on etsy. Love the basket!