Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spice jar labels

Well I strayed from my "set list" of projects, and started a new one. Ugh. I'm so weak...But in my defense, it was a pretty quick and easy one. But with all the pantry makeovers that have been going around like this one and this one, I really want to "spice-up" (funny, right?) my pantry and cupboards in my kitchen. I sadly don't have a walk in pantry in my kitchen, not even the closet sized ones in most kitchen. I have a VERY large pantry-cupboard (I'll show it soon) and a few regular sized cupboards. I actually chose to do this. I have a huge food-storage pantry in the basement so what's the point of crowding my kitchen? Plus running down to get items from the pantry is a great workout! So with the limited amount of space I gave myself in the kitchen gives me more of a reason to make my little nooks cute and functional, right?!...right?...just pretend you agree. So as my quick and easy project, I started with my spice jars.
I got the labels from good ol' Martha Stewart. You just download them (here), print them off on some full-sheet adhesive label paper (I could only find it at an office supply store), cut them out, and stick them on some jars. There are 4 sheets, 2 with round labels and 2 with rectangle labels, and there are even some blank labels that you can add any other spices that you use that got left out.

I bought these jars a while back from Ikea for a dollar a piece. The round ones fit perfectly on these. Then I used the rectangle labels for some spice jars I had washed and saved. Recycling! Perfect!I still have a few more jars to get and a few custom labels to make, and my spice cupboard will be slightly more organized, functional and cute!

Now, back to my list...

3 comments:

2littlehooligans said...

there is something beautiful about neatly organized spices. This is on my list of to do's. Thanks for sharing about the labels, they are great!!

Jess said...

they're adorable! My spices cower in shame. ;)

Tia Brumbelow said...

Oh how cute! I really like the jars too.