Monday, June 20, 2011

Lemon Sugar hand scrub

I've seen some recipes for Lemon Sugar hand scrub on a few other blogs and thought that was such a great idea for a quick gift.So here's my version:
I mixed together about 1 1/2-2 cups of sugar, 3-4 TBL canola oil (most recipes said olive oil, but the smell just overpowers the lemon too much) and then 1/3-1/2 cup of lemon juice. OPTIONAL: you can add a bit of lemon scented essential oil for an extra lemony smell.
(these are approximate measurements. I pretty much did it to texture and smell)I had enough to fill up one of these little jars I got at Walmart for just a couple bucks. I tied a long skinny scrap of yellow fabric around the neck,I made a quick label with photoshop, printed it out to the size of the face of my jar onto a large (full sheet) packaging label and cut it down to size,
and stuck her on.
And that's it! Super quick and easy. And I used some of it (gotta test your own product!) and it was heavenly. The hint of lemon scent, the sugar exfoliates so nicely, and the oil definitely moisturizes.





Gotta love such a quick project.

homework


7 comments:

MJ @ MD School Mrs said...

Yum yum this sounds great! Pinning it to make sometime soon ;)

MJ @ MD School Mrs

*katie said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing:)

Ashley said...

this is so pretty:) looks great. thanks for sharing!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful. I'm definitely going to make some of these for gifts. I would love for you to share this project at my linky party.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_21.html
Thanks for the creative inspiration.
carolyn | homework

Jen @ My Own Road said...

What a great gift idea!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Can't wait to try this!!! Sounds devine! Wondering about the shelf life of it? How best to store? Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon
www.okistampqueen@blogspot.com

OnePerfectDay said...

Sounds great!
Looks perfect!
Olive oil does smell a bit strong, but it's the absolute best nutrition for youthfull, healthy skin. So maybe it's worth loosing a bit of the lemony scent...