Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hello Kitty Party

Well, Kadie's birthday was weeks ago, but I'm just now posting about her party. Things have been a little different around here, more on that to come on another post. But for now, here's her Hello Kitty party.


 I made this banner on my computer. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
 I also made these water bottle labels...

 And whipped up some cupcakes.



 I made labels for the food as well...though they were more for looks then for being informative. Not sure they would be much help for girls' ages 4-7.
 But they were fun for me!
 I also made this sign: Treats, Sweets and Whiskered Cheeks. It was all I could think of other then: Hello Kitty!
 I made this cookies until 3:00 in the morning the night before. It was my first time doing royal icing, and it was good at the beginning. At the end though, I was so tired, I didn't think and I COVERED THE COOKIES!!! Ahhhhh!! The eyes, whiskers and nose coloring bled. I was so sad the next morning. But I got over it and served them anyway, as Thank Yous.
 There was a station at each table to make bracelets...
I drew a giant kitty on a poster board and hung it on the fence for Pin the Bow on the Kitty.

 And hung the bows like so...

 I made some prop ears...
And set up a backdrop for photos of all the girls.
I was pretty happy with how it tured out, and so was Kadie.

2 comments:

2littlehooligans said...

wow, i almost thought i was reading a post from tom kat!! amazing party! how are you? are you preggers? where have you been?

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Everything looked so, so great, Nikki! I love all the touches you added, the cookies and streamers and headbands and candies...oh so sweet! I'm sure she had a blast!